Monday, March 29, 2010

Total Drama

Sometimes I really hate having to write the sacrament meeting program.

Scratch that - I don't hate it, of course. Obviously the Lord wants me to do it, so I just have to accept that and learn and grow from it. Got that, HF? I don't hate the plan that you have so carefully laid out for me.

But I really really really really really really don't like it sometimes. The ward clerk just called me because Bishop Lithgow wants to meet with me. And I know what he's going to say. It's the same thing he always says. "Aihme'e, the sacrament meeting program is a very important part of our ward. You do the Lord a great service by putting together the program every week. But it's not appropriate for you to take out a personal ad on the back."

Soooo lame. When I hear "personal ad" I think of one of those desperate things on Craigslist (which I never ever ever read because I try to avoid the appearance of evil). Just putting my photo, name, phone number, and "ANY TAKERS?" in 26 pt font surrounded by a border of all the flowers in the Microsoft Word clipart library on the back of the program is totally not the same thing.

Ugh! Bishop Lithgow is such an old stiff. I keep telling him that I had two very important callings - creating the program and becoming a wife and mother! I have to find a righteous priesthood holder for that! I figure why not kill two birds with one stone?

Luvs!
Aihme'e

1 comment:

  1. Just do what I do and pray before you sit down to type up the program. If you ask for the Spirit to be with you, you'll be able ta have the Lord guide your fingers.

    ReplyDelete