Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Choosing the Righteous Path

I was in Institute the other day and someone bore their testimony about how we would never be immoral if we could see how it hurt our eternal companion. I thought about some of my friends who have made choices that would hurt their eternal companions, like levi-loving or even floating. I thought, when I finally meet the guy (or maybe I already know him! That an exciting thought) who will be with me for eternity, he will never have to wonder if I am less than perfect in that way. My ivory, freckled skin will be only for him and when we kiss, it will be magical forever.

The other good thing is that it's a lot of work to get ready every day. I mean, I totally do it for myself, but it will be so nice to have a husband who is bound to me for eternity. A husband can't judge you if you gain a few pounds or stop wearing makeup or go on a scrapbooking binge and stop showering for a week. They still love you and think you are beautiful because they see your spirit and not your outside. The wonderful choices that you have made during your life by will outshine all those temporal things. And all the girls I know who always have a date on the weekend will be pretty sad that they have some other guy when I have my perfect priesthood holder. And I found him even though I didn't always have a date because he respected me for more than my looks.

Romantically,

Bessie

1 comment:

  1. What if your EC is Elder Whitney? You never know what the Lord has planned for you, so I think you should keep writing to him every week until he gets back from Uruguay in a year and seven months. I know he will be so happy to see you at his missionary return! And you will know that your EC served in HF's army!

    ~*~*HUGS!*~*~

    ReplyDelete